Job Title: Medical Records Clerk
Reports to: Front Office Supervisor
Position Category: Full time/Non-exempt
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; flexible paid time off; paid medical leave; paid parental leave; short term disability leave; 401(k) with 3% employer matching; Employee Assistance Program
Contact: Please send resume to Antoinette Kelsey at [email protected].
Feminist Women’s Health Center is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Medical Records Clerk. The Medical Records Clerk is responsible for a variety of tasks, including collecting patient information, issuing medical files, and filing medical records. They ensure medical records are maintained in a manner in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the Medical Records Clerk will support the EHR migration process.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of the medical records system, including knowledge of the entire path a chart follows from the original appointment to refile.
- Pulls charts for daily in-clinic services and files forms in patient chart.
- Performs chart abstraction for established and new patients.
- Fulfills medical records requests.
- Prepares charts for provider review and signature, if required.
- Works closely with the data and records management vendor to ensure proper storage and disposal of medical records.
- Reports deficiencies in medical records to the Front Office Supervisor and/or Clinic Director.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Has data entry and/or medical records experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and possesses good time management skills.
- Protects the confidentiality of FWHC and our clients.
- Agrees to act in accordance with the FWHC mission and follow FWHC policies & procedures.
- Maintains professionalism with co-workers and clients.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Depending on location, this role will require primarily in-office work at this time. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to communicate effectively via computer, via phone, and in person.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position, as with all roles at the Feminist Women’s Health Center, includes upholding the philosophy and mission of the organization by:
- Maintaining work performance consistent with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrating an ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Maintaining a high degree of professional ethics to include confidentiality of all client, donor, volunteer, and employee information.
- Utilizing work time efficiently and with integrity.
- Contributing to self-development and professional growth by seeking opportunities to learn through journals, seminars, or special programs and sharing learning with others.
- Communicating effectively with supervisors on the status of work in progress, including written status reports and staff meetings.
- Completing projects and work assignments as assigned by deadlines.
Position will be reviewed annually on adherence to and performance in job functions as outlined and may be modified as a result. The Medical Records Clerk will actively contribute to the development of this position and its function within the organization.
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.