Job Title: Office & Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Director of People and Organizational Culture
Position Category: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; flexible paid time off; paid medical leave; paid parental leave; short term disability leave; 401(k) with 3% employer matching; Employee Assistance Program
Contact: Please send resume and letter of interest that includes a statement describing your commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice to Charisse Jackson Youngblood at [email protected]
Reporting directly to the Director of People and Organizational Culture (DPOC), the Office & Administrative Coordinator will play an integral support role by assisting with administrative, office, and personnel assignments and supporting programmatic departments with small administrative duties. Representing the organization in daily interactions with external and internal constituents, the Office & Administrative Coordinator must operate on many levels and be committed to the ideals and principles upheld by Feminist Women’s Health Center. The ideal candidate will exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence, effective communication skills, combined with organizational expertise and the ability to strategically prioritize.
- Maintain the front desk reception and general office areas, and greet vendors and guests to the center
- Manage incoming calls, follow-ups, voicemail, and processing internal and external mail
- Make all non-electronic bank deposits
- Work with accounting team on various duties including invoices and recording of deposits
- Coordinate and assist with the ordering of clinic and admin supplies
- Assist with various administrative tasks from programmatic departments, as needed
- Assist with aspects of HR, as needed
- Assist with the management of payroll, as needed
- Assist with scheduling internal and external meetings, including the management of meeting materials
- Manage the timely circulation of materials and provide logistical support for internal and external meetings, including meetings of the Board of Directors
- Provide logistical support to the Board of Directors for meetings, retreats, and communication
- Draft and prepare meeting minutes and presentations
- Provide general office administrative duties including filing, copying, and faxing
- Participate in staff and administrative team meetings and professional development
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Employs creative thinking and a solutions-oriented approach to their work
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous
tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to execute short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily, as well as important, long-term projects
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive approach, with a willingness to be flexible and see projects through to completion
- Commitment to social justice, reproductive justice, racial justice and queer & trans liberation.
- Works well with people of different identities, backgrounds, and interests
- Can work effectively with a small team and skilled in relationship and consensus-building
- Proactive, flexible, and able to manage upward to assist in achieving goals.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and ability to learn additional software programs
- Experience of maintaining spreadsheets and organizational filing systems
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Meticulous attention to detail
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or move, and reach and grip items relatively far away. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. [typically up to 25lbs].
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At this time, the position will work in-office, virtually, or a combination of these. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, and printer/copiers. Employee is regularly required to communicate effectively from computer, phone, and in person.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This position, as with all roles at the Feminist Women’s Health Center, includes upholding the philosophy and mission of the organization by:
- Maintaining work performance consistent with the FWHC policies, procedures and values.
- Demonstrating an ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Maintaining a high degree of professional ethics, which includes confidentiality of all clients, donors, volunteer & employee information, business strategies, etc.
- Utilizing work time efficiently and with integrity.
- Contributing to a positive team environment through reliability and accountability; communicating positively and assertively; & appreciating and recognizing your team members.
- Contributing to self-development and professional growth by seeking opportunities to learn through journals, seminars, or special programs, and sharing that learning with others.
- Communicating effectively with supervisors on the status of work in progress, including written status reports and staff meetings.
- Completing projects and work assignments as assigned by deadlines.
- Communicating questions about work assignments or deadlines to supervisors or appropriate staff and team members.
Position will be reviewed annually on adherence to and performance in job functions as outlined on an annual basis, and may be modified as a result. The Office & Administrative Coordinator will actively contribute to the development of this position and its function within the organization.
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.