REPORTS TO: Front Office Supervisor
POSITION CATEGORY: Full-time/Non-exempt
Benefits: Full Time benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; flexible paid time off; paid medical leave; paid parental leave; short term disability leave; 401(k) with 3% employer matching; Employee Assistance Program
- Has knowledge of and adheres to clinic protocols and procedures.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with clients and staff.
- Educates the client on all information necessary to understand their abortion or gynecological appointment/ procedure.
- Understands and can explain the information contained in the authorization and consent forms required by all clients receiving services.
- Secures client signatures and alerts clinical staff of medical issues via direct and indirect communication.
- Discusses and provides information to clients as designated by the provider in a supportive, compassionate, and non-judgmental manner while also being HIPAA compliant.
- Assists providers with reviewing charts for completion and documentation.
- Communicates and works to resolve client concerns or needs to supervisor.
- Keeps abreast of current information on women’s health care by reading literature provided by Supervisor.
- Keeps informed of clinic policy by reading emails, memos, attending scheduled meetings and attending trainings.
- Brings to attention of the Supervisor any concerns and suggestions.
- Understands and is able to discuss clinic protocols and procedures with staff and patients as needed.
- Maintains professionalism, etiquette and confidentiality when dealing with clients and staff.
- Open to being trained and proficient in all non-licensure clinical roles in the laboratory, Operating Room, Pathology, Post Op area, and any other areas as directed by the Supervisor.
- Notifies appropriate medical staff of complications or emergency situations.
- Understands and can carry out all emergency procedures and protocols as outlined by FWHC.
- Assists with timely and accurate input of ITOP records
- Other duties assigned by the Clinic Administrator or other Supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Minimum Education, Experience and Licensure Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalence
- CPR Certified
- Fluency and literacy in the English language
- 1-2 years of experience working in a physician office setting or call center
- Experience in a gynecology, obstetrics, and/or ambulatory surgical center is preferred
- Previous experience in women’s health or reproductive justice preferred.
- Fluency and literacy in another language, especially Spanish and/or French is a plus.
- Experience with performing sonography or ultrasound a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound problem solving, and decision-making
- Demonstrates tact, versatility and adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation and directional initiative
- Skill in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients, and the public
- Knowledge of electronic medical records a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint a plus
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or move, and reach and grip items relatively far away. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to [typically 25 to 50] lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position will work (be located) in the Feminist Women’s Health Center clinic.
- Must be able to participate in occasional online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus].
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to communicate effectively via computer, via phone, and in person.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
This position, as with all roles at the Feminist Women’s Health Center, includes upholding the philosophy and mission of the organization by:
- Maintaining work performance consistent with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrating an ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Maintaining a high degree of professional ethics to include confidentiality of all clients, donor, volunteer, and employee information
- Utilizing work time efficiently and with integrity
- Contributing to self-development and professional growth by seeking opportunities to learn through journals, seminars, or special programs, and sharing learning with others
- Communicating effectively with the Director of People and Organizational Culture on the status of work in progress, including written status reports and staff meetings
- Completing projects and work assignments as assigned by deadlines
Position will be reviewed annually on adherence to and performance in job functions as outlined on an annual basis, and may be modified as a result. The Health Advocate/ Educator will actively contribute to the development of this position and its function within the organization.
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.