Job Title: Grants & Foundation Relations Manager
Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
Position Category: Full time/Exempt
Salary: $45,376 annual salary
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; flexible paid time off; paid medical leave; paid parental leave; short term disability leave; 401(k) with 3% employer matching; Employee Assistance Program
Contact: Please send resume and letter of interest that includes a statement describing the candidate’s commitment to reproductive health, rights, and justice to MK Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description: Feminist Women’s Health Center (FWHC) is seeking an excellent relationship-builder and writer to support FWHC’s grants program. This role will be responsible for supporting and leading grant writing and reporting, with guidance from our Director of Development & Communications. This role will also build relationships with foundations and giving institutions. The Grants Manager will also carry other duties that support our development program, including some event planning and donor support tasks.
FWHC is looking for candidates who have a strong understanding of the reproductive justice framework, including how Black and transgender liberation relates to reproductive freedom. The ideal candidate will also have an assertive, positive relationship-building style and will have experience navigating grant cycles. Relatedly, we are looking for candidates who are mindful of how white supremacy and capitalist thinking show up in development work.
Essential Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the following main areas. Other duties may be assigned.
- Foundation Support Lead: Manage and expand FWHC’s foundation portfolio, and build strong, authentic partnerships with funders. This will include conducting foundation prospect research and cultivation.
- Grants Tracking and Reporting: Manage tracking and reporting for grants; Pull monthly and quarterly status reports on spending, income, and prospects.
- Gifts Management and Processing: Asist the Director of Development with coordinating the donor acknowledgement process and pulling donation reports from CRM software EveryAction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development & Communications.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of experience working in an administrative or support role
- Experience navigating grant applications and processes
- Project & event management experience
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Two (2) years of experience processing, tracking and reporting grant payments
- Proven track record of securing and growing funding
- Experience with EveryAction or a similar CRM
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Commitment to and comfort with reproductive health, rights and justice frameworks.
- Comfort working with Black communities, communities of color, and LGBTQ folks.
- Utilize work time efficiently and with integrity.
- Contribute to self-development and professional growth by seeking opportunities to learn through journals, seminars or special programs and shares learning with others.
- Maintain professional ethics to include confidentiality of all client, donor, volunteer & employee info.
- Maintains work performance consistent with FWHC policies and procedures.
- Ability to work some evenings and infrequent weekends for special events and some evening meetings.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or move, and reach and grip items relatively far away. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Depending on location, a combination of in-office and virtual office at this time. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to communicate effectively via computer, via phone, and in person.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
– – – – – – – –
This position, as with all roles at Feminist Women’s Health Center, includes upholding the philosophy and mission of the organization by:
- Maintaining work performance consistent with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrating an ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Maintaining a high degree of professional ethics to include confidentiality of all client, donor, volunteer, and employee information
- Utilizing work time efficiently and with integrity
- Contributing to self-development and professional growth by seeking opportunities to learn through journals, seminars, or special programs, and sharing learning with others
- Communicating effectively with supervisors on the status of work in progress, including written status reports and staff meetings
- Completing projects and work assignments as assigned by deadlines
Position will be reviewed annually on adherence to and performance in job functions as outlined and may be modified as a result. The Grants & Foundation Relations Manager will actively contribute to the development of this position and its function within the organization.
Feminist Women’s Health Center’s is a Black-led gynecological heath care provider that provides accessible, comprehensive gynecological healthcare to all who need it without judgment. As innovative healthcare leaders, we work collaboratively within our community and nationally to promote reproductive health, rights and justice. We advocate for wellness, uncensored health information and fair public policies by educating the larger community and empowering our clients to make their own decisions. www.feministcenter.org
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.