Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Position Category: Contract
Salary: $785 minimum per diem
Position Description: Feminist Women’s Health Center (FWHC) is seeking a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) who practices both autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of health providers on the professional team to deliver high-quality, holistic, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services. The CRNA cares for patients at all acuity levels across the lifespan in a variety of settings for procedures including, but not limited to, surgical, obstetrical, diagnostic, therapeutic, and pain management.
Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to Yenenesh Bekele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the following main areas. Other duties may be assigned.
- Place and manage regional anesthetic techniques, as delineated by clinical privileges or granted special privileges, which may include:
- Plexus, major and peripheral nerve block
- Intravenous regional anesthesia
- Upper and lower extremity block
- Diagnostic and therapeutic nerve block
- Trans-tracheal, topical, and local infiltration block
- Retro-bulbar block
- Intra-capsular, intercostal, and ocular block
- TAP block
- Insert and manage peripheral, arterial, pulmonary catheter, or central venous lines and catheters.
- Provide care to patients in intensive care in accordance with facility policy.
- Provide patient and caregiver education.
- Perform arterial puncture to obtain arterial blood samples.
- Consult with respiratory care providers and implement respiratory and ventilator care.
- Using an interdisciplinary approach, including consultation or referral to another clinician as appropriate, integrate non-pharmacologic pain management treatment modalities (e.g., hypnosis, acupuncture, massage, meditation, reflexology, relaxation techniques, biofeedback, counseling, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or therapeutic manipulation).
Increased clinical responsibilities may be added as additional education and experience is obtained by the individual practitioner.
- Quality assessment and quality assurance.
- Didactic and clinical education of students and staff.
- Appointment to facility committees and related activities.
- Interdepartmental liaison responsibilities.
- Clinical or administrative oversight of other departments (e.g., respiratory therapy, PACU).
- Supports patient safety when performing job functions and through participation in facility, department or unit patient safety initiatives.
- Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.
- Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.
- Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates them to clinic leadership.
- Participates in required educational programs.
- Participates in departmental meetings.
- Seeks ongoing professional educational growth.
- Maintains current licensure requirements for CRNA practice.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Holds current active state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia and complies with any applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning CRNAs.
- Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor .
- Currently certified or re-certified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Insurable by an appropriate medical malpractice insurer for the limits required by this institution or state.
- Ability to perform clinically as a nurse anesthetist in the facility setting on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and wellbeing of the patient while they are under the direct care of the CRNA.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively collaborate with various clinical staff and other disciplines.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidential records.
- Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or move, and reach and grip items relatively far away. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Depending on location, a combination of in-office and virtual office at this time. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to communicate effectively via computer, via phone, and in person.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
– – – – – – – –
This position, as with all roles at the Feminist Women’s Health Center, includes upholding the philosophy and mission of the organization by:
- Maintaining work performance consistent with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrating an ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Maintaining a high degree of professional ethics to include confidentiality of all clients, donor, volunteer, and employee information
- Utilizing work time efficiently and with integrity
- Contributing to self-development and professional growth by seeking opportunities to learn through journals, seminars, or special programs, and sharing learning with others
- Communicating effectively with the Nursing Supervisor on the status of work in progress, including written status reports and staff meetings
- Completing projects and work assignments as assigned by deadlines
Position will be reviewed annually on adherence to and performance in job functions as outlined on an annual basis and may be modified as a result. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist will actively contribute to the development of this position and its function within the organization.
Feminist Women’s Health Center is an equal opportunity employer.